Monday, December 11, 2017

Oh snap...... the forums are down.

Hey guys, just a quick announcement.

As some of you may have noticed, we're currently experiencing issues with our forums. I'll be working this week to get that resolved. I'm thinking about changing to a different forum provider as well, which should also help minimize costs. I'm also toying with the idea of ditching the forum completely, as not many people actually used it while it was up. Building a forum and a community is a pretty big undertaking on its own, alongside maintaining the website and working on Ballzerk at the same time (and everything you see at Megatoxic is a one-man show by the way). If nobody uses the forums though, there's no incentive for me to continue with it unfortunately. It's been fun trying it out though!
_________________________

Other Updates:

Aside from that inconvenience, Ballzerk is progressing very well and is now in Beta! Basically what that means is, all the assets for the game are in-place and from a content standpoint the game is finished. The Beta phase is simply for debugging the game, and adding a bit more polish to what's already in place. I've got most of the music for the game composed at this point. It will have an all-original soundtrack that I made, and so far it's sounding pretty awesome! I am also planning on posting the OST on YouTube for everyone's listening pleasure. :3

I apologize again for the forums being down-- I'll try and get that situated and have that resolved by the end of the week. Until then, you may actually not be seeing many updates on the website right now. I'm basically working hard right now to get everything done in Ballzerk for mid-February. Then on-top of that I have a full-time job outside of Megatoxic, as well as my personal life. I'm not getting paid for any of this at all-- this is strictly something that I love doing and that I'm passionate about. Rest assured, updates will definitely come within the next couple of months!